One day before the other....

for some reason, all week long i have been running a day ahead of the other.
today feels like a sunday to me....laid back and soft. with a gentle breeze and an extra hour of daylight (which by the way I am loving!)
friday got me  off schedule because we went to my sisters for St. Patricks day dinner, my mom and I. we don't usually do get together dinners unless its the weekend so thats what started it off.

 it was a good day today i spent it with my sister (just her and I) its been years since we spent a day together. She's 3 months sober (except for one slip) which for her is pretty dang good, so I'm running with it.
years ago when we were younger we spent a lot of days together. i would gather up my kids and we would head over to her house, lay in bed with lots of snacks and have movie night. i miss those days. those good old days. the kids would gather in their room and play and then when it got to be bedtime they would drag in their pillows and make a bed on the floor. it was cozy, familiar and i like that.
little things that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
a cup of warm peppermint tea 
curling under a goose down comforter
re-reading a favorite book and getting to connect with my favorite characters again (Firefly Lane) was one of the best! I'll never forget Kate and Tullie...by the time i finished the book i felt as if i had two new friends...reading a book that you can connect with the characters is a happy for me.
the first warm day after a long winter when i can fling open the windows
grab my kiddos and a blanket and spend the day at the park (with my camera in hand, of course)
climbing into bed with sheets that have hung outside to dry in the sun
when the daisies pop up all over my neighbors front hill and she lets me pick as many as i want to fill the house...
lilacs (my favorite) i place a big vase on my nightstand
when i feel the holy spirit whispering to me
feeling "brand-new" after a moving church service
friday lunches with my Mama
when i've got all the laundry caught up and put away (big relief there)
...so many good things to enjoy in life if we just slow down long enough to notice them.
XOXO



Comments

Popular Posts