bits and pieces

the day starts slow with me waking early and not budging one bit to get out of my warm bed. I look toward the window and it is dark, and gray and tiny spits of rain are tapping against the pane, so i roll over and fall back asleep. it's Saturday what's the hurry i think to myself. 
my niece and her husband are driving down from Wisconsin today and we will celebrate mother's day today snapping photographs and dinner at Outback Steakhouse.
spring finally arrived last week. she wasn't in a big hurry to show up this year so the winter was a long one. the last few weeks were tough to get through, but here we are basking in sunshine, rainy days and gusty breezes floating through open windows and doors and winter is but a distant memory, at last.

time, as usual, is always one step ahead of me and I find myself hurried and flustered most of the time lately. My Mama has been sick again so it's been a lot of time up at the hospital and then running over to her house since she's been home. one day runs into the other too quickly and I often find myself angry and worn out trying to keep up with my own life and take care of everyone else.
it's frustrating and its maddening and I too often let those negative feelings take over which then led me right into resentment and an overwhelming sense of frustration. I need to get back to church and back to God. Every time I slip away from him my life spirals out of control and I lose my bearing. I need the peace and the safety of being in my father's arms again. I'm angry most of the time lately with all the demands that are pushed on my life, and generally, I just haven't been a nice person to be around.
I need to change that! quickly.



Comments

Popular Posts