The Ups & Lows of 2018

Gosh, I can't believe that 2019 is almost upon us. 2018 was such a big growth period for me mixed in with some really WOW highs and some really SAD lows, some BIG grace and a lot of mercy. 
Every year at the start of the New Year, I always look forward to starting new beginnings. I focus on all the positive things that might happen and yes, I try to avoid going into the dark area's that I know will come sooner or later. If not this year, then the next.
Pain & Suffering are just a part of life and we all stumble through them the best we can, but there is always that nagging little thought in the back of my head that whispers, "will this be a year of loss?" and then I desperately shake it loose as fast as it entered in. 

_____________________________________
yesterday my sister's daughter, Ashton and her lovely family drove down from Wisconsin to spend the holiday with us. It's been so long since we got to spend Christmas with her since she moved to LA, gosh maybe 12 years ago, (too long). She has a wonderful God graced husband and the most adorable two little girls, Joey who just turned 2 years old, and a baby girl, Reverence who is 2 months old. Both beautiful children. 
at Christmas service last night it was so cute, all the littles were running around in their Christmas jammies and then they got up on stage and sang. Filling my heart with joy, I remembered back to when my children were little and how fast the time had slipped by. Oh, how I wish I could go back because I would spend so much more one on one time with them. Back then I thought I had forever with them. I hadn't a clue how quickly the years would race by.
_____________________________________________
this year God blessed me with a new baby granddaughter, Novah Jo. I'm so blessed that her Mama, (Caitlin) and her live with us that I get to jump out of bed every morning, race into her room and see her smiling face. She has brought an unmeasurable amount of joy and happiness to my heart. 














on the other side of happiness, lays sadness. My cousin, Sheila unexpectedly passed away on November 28, 2018. Still, to this day I cannot even believe that she is gone. She will be greatly missed and my heart breaks for her 2 daughters.
________________________
Good news! 
today marks 3 weeks my sister, Shelly has been sober! Praise God. It's been a   L O N G   time coming and a terrible struggle not only for her but as for all of us,  as her family. 

__________________________________________
I'm just going to leave a few photos down below that sums up 2018 for me. I wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and pray that God will give you peace and grace in the coming year.




































Comments

Popular Posts