tucking away friday....






it's friday and that can only mean one thing
a day with my mama, just the  two of us...
we go out to lunch every friday, and usually a doctor appt is thrown in-between somewhere before lunch or after depending on the time.
today it was lunch at Panera Bread. 
i brought my fuji x-e1 along today just to capture the moment, the day and her.
~~~~~~~~
we just celebrated her 90th birthday 2 weeks ago. looking at her you'd never guess she was that old. my mom has always been very elegant and classy in the way she carries herself and the way she dresses. people over the years have often come up to me and told me how classy my mom is...and it's true....not so much when we are running errands but when she use to work or go out on the town she was someone you would notice.
and even at 90 years old, she does not dress like a little 90 year old woman. her clothes are always the latest style. my mother has always had good taste in clothes, jewerly. never over the top, just the right added touches.
~~~~~~~~~~
i know that my days with her are limited...such a silly thing to say...all of our days are numbered, but i know that you can't live forever and 90 is a good long life. God has blessed her and our family with her longevity and her health. often times these days when im with her i'll just watch her, trying to tuck every little detail about her inside my heart. i simply cannot fathom a world without my mother being in it. i cannot imagine me actually living in a world without  her. 
when my dad died it wasn't so hard as he was never really around much, and he lived out of state so i'd be lucky to see him once a year....that wasn't a big gap i had to fill when he was gone because he simply was not a part of my every day life....
~~~~~~~~~~
everyday i tell myself to go over to my moms more, i need to start spending more time with her, then i'll get busy with some task and before i know it the day is over, and truthfully sometimes, im just plain lazy and don't want to leave the house that day. i can already feel the regret i'm going to have at moments that i could have had, but didn't for some reason or other....
~~~~~~~~~~
i love our fridays together....
and today i just wanted to document a day with my mama 

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts