Just TOO much!



 January 24 my daughter Caitlin gave birth to a little girl.  After her delivery she had a lot of complications, ended up hemorrhaging and had to have 2 blood transfusions. She delivered at Trinity which I would not recommend anyone going there. I wouldn't go there for a hang nail.

Fast forward to 10 days after she gives birth,  goes home and has a headache unlike any she's ever had before. She calls me crying I tell her to call 911 because I'm possibly thinking brain aneurysm. I tell her to go to Genesis but they take her to Trinity because that's where she gave birth. Now mind you, My best friend Jen died because of  negligence on part of this hospital.  and after all the complications she had giving birth and the nurses attitudes there I DID NOT want her going back there.

So Friday Feb. 4 I meet her up at Trinity in the ER. She is laying on a bed with a shirt over her face because the light is too painful for her to look at.  By the time I got there they were giving her pain meds and a dose of Tylenol for fever. I was trying to help my daughter with the cup of water and the nurse smacked my hand away and said, YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN! 

EXCUSE ME! I only restrained myself from lashing out at her because I needed to be there for my daughter and advocate for her since she was unresponsive at this point.

they draw blood and I immediately tell her I want a CAT scan. the doctor approves it and then comes back and tells me Caitlin has a blood clot in her sinus cavity. they will need to a MRI and we may need to go to Iowa City which is 45 minutes from where we live. It takes at least 2-3 hours for them to take her to get the MRI because they had to call in a tech because as of Friday at noon they are on call. WTF seriously what if my daughter had a aneurysm because of their lack of attention things could have gotten worse very quickly. they do the MRI and the incompetent doctor who definitely was on drugs or something comes back and tells me there is NO BLOOD CLOT. after letting me sit and stew on this for 3-4 hours, while my daughter is unresponsive laying on a bed. I then proceed to ask him what he thinks it is and he fumbles around the room, walks over to Caitlin laying on the bed, looks at her and says, "Has she been around anyone sick lately?" I just stood there unable to comprehend this doctor's attitude.  I then immediately tell him I want her checked for meningitis. I knew with what her symptoms were they were consistent with meningitis.  Well sure enough guess what! SHE HAS MENINGITIS.  Because of his incompetence my daughter could have died! If I hadn't insisted these things be done, he was going to release her and send her home where she would have died that night. Because she has BATERIAL MENINGITIS instead of VIRAL. And  Bacterial can kill you within 24 hours.  I will be filing a complaint against this hospital as soon as my daughter is well and out of that place.

I feel that the way I was treated and the care my daughter has received is unacceptable and I definitely  think this doctor needs to be investigated as well as the nurses in the ER department that we had to deal with that day.

Please keep praying for my daughter. She still is in a lot of pain and tomorrow they are going to have to go back into her spine to see if she is leaking spinal fluid. I appreciate all your prayers so much and I can't thank you enough.


Comments

Popular Posts