The Meaning of Friendship

Although there are many forms of friendship, some of which may vary from place to place, certain characteristics are present in many types of friendship. Such characteristics include affection, sympathy, empathy, honesty, altruism, mutual understanding and compassion, enjoyment of each other's company, trust, and the ability to be oneself, express one's feelings, and make mistakes without fear of judgment from the friend.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." 

Recently some changes in my life have forced me to take a good hard deep look at myself.
I've had many friends over the years, some that have betrayed me, some I've lost touch with, other's just go their own separate ways. 
I place a great deal of loyalty and trust in friendship.  And  if that trust is broken it is hard for me to let it go and move on.
I've found that 'true' friendships are few and far between.
Sometimes, I wonder if I place too much emphasize on what I expect out of a friendship because of what I would be willing to do for a friend.
I wonder if I ask, or expect too much from someone I call a friend. 

Recently I've lost a good friend. Many hurtful things have been exchanged between us, different roads in life have taken us down a different path.
And hard choices had to be made.
I just want that friend to know that I will miss them.
And that the end of the road has been reached.
We shared a lot of good memories that I will tuck inside my heart and treasure forever.
Good luck my friend on your new journey in life.
XOXO
Kelly
 

Comments

Popular Posts