To my Baby Girl Cate

tonight at Midnight Caitlin and I will drive over to the hospital where they will induce her to get baby Novah here. My heart right now is going in so many directions, and emotions.
First of all, I want you to know that I love you so very much. My life changed so much the day I find out that you were on your way. We weren't expecting you but you sure have shaken up our lives from day one! 
Sunday you will leave behind your childhood, your care-free days and become a Mother. One of the greatest joys in life. You will know for the very first time, how very strong and powerful the love a mother has for her child. I believe it to be the strongest LOVE in the world.
It will change you and test you in ways you couldn't even imagine right now. Being a mother involves sacrifices, putting someone else' happiness, needs, and wants above your own, Your beautiful childs.
You will worry about everything. 
You will worry when she is sleeping when you are not with her, you will worry the first time she has a cold or the flu. it will break your heart to see her suffer, and you will move mountains to do whatever you can to make her comfortable. That's life as a Mama.
_________________________________
the first time you hear her cry and they place her on your chest, your heart will swell with a love that you have never experienced before, and in that one second
you will change, you will no longer be the person you were before she arrived.
you will be a better person. You will have more love and compassion for not only your child but for other people has well (I hope)

I know you are scared baby girl, and that's ok. Just know that Mommy is going to be by your side the whole time doing whatever it takes to get you through this and to bring Novah into the world safe and sound.

XOXOXO
Welcome to the beginning of your new life!
Love
Mommy


Comments

Popular Posts