Changes....

Sometimes, lately I feel lost. Like I've lost my identity.  And that is a awful feeling. If you don't have your identity you don't have nothing. It takes a long time to find it and when you loss it, it's hard to get it back. I thought that maybe I was going  through a mid life crisis but now I don't know anymore. If you don't know who you are you can't feel complete. And no one can make you happy. You can't be happy with yourself or expect anyone else to make you happy.
That's the thing with happiness. So many people look to other people to make them happy when they don't realize unless you are happy with yourself no one else can make you happy. You are responsible for fulfilling your own dreams, to completing yourself. And if you are lucky to find someone to share that with, then that's an extra bonus. But it's not a guarantee. It may last a while or it may last a lifetime.
 But here's the thing that no one tells you - people change.  As you grow you change. Your beliefs change, your ideas change, and you as a person change. As much as you may not want it, it happens. You can't stop it. And out of all the things I've learned over the years this is the one thing that has stuck with me. That change is inevitable.  You can't stop it. No matter how much you want too- it happens anyways....you grow....your mind expands...and your feelings change.
And that sucks
Big time.
Sometimes change is good. Sometimes it isn't. But one thing is for certain....you can't stop it....
everything changes....

Comments

Popular Posts