Thoughts for the Day From a Rambling Photographer


Oh these gray blustery Winter days are sure getting me down in the dumps lately. How I am longing for Spring in the worse way. January and February are my worse months of the year to struggle through. Work is slow in the winter so I've not been feeling very inspiration lately and when I get that way; I need to step back, take a deep breath, and go out and find me some inspiration.  Building a business is hard work. The photography business is a cut your throat open business. There is a lot of competition  and you have to be willing to bring something more to offer your clients than the next photographer is.
And the mere truth of things is: people don't want to spend a lot of money on photographs which breaks my heart.  Photographs are memories; memories of a moment that you cannot ever get back again. You are not going to get that at Sears or Walmart. They are not going to capture the personality of your children. They are going to pose you and get you to smile; that's what you get for your $19.99 special.
It is not all about the money. And people need to understand that. I have so many wonderful memories of my girls that I have captured on film.  
It saddens me to think that most people will spend $200 on a pair of shoes, or an outfit but think that $200 is too much to invest in capturing their children's  childhood. Just my thoughts for the day.

XOXOX
Kelly 

Comments

Popular Posts