Blessed

You scared away the monsters that lived under my bed
Eased away the pain when I had an achy head
You read me bedtime stories
Sang me lullabies 
Fixed my scraped up knees and soothed my troubled cries
Lunch time show time then we'd take a nap
Days with just my mommy
Oh I wish I could go back
I couldn't wait to grow up man if I only knew
How much I'd wish and pray
I could come back home to you
Years went by and finally I grew
Thought I didn't need you I really had no clue
Now I wish I could go back and relive those days again
When I had no worries and you were my only friend
I always chose the wrong way though I knew your way was right
Just listen to me baby for once in your life
My protector my teacher
My healer my keeper
My mommy forever
Always there when I need her
So walk with me mommy
Hold my hand so tight
I need you more then ever
You are my shining light

Written for me from my darling daughter, Alexis. I love you to the moon and stars baby girl.
Printed and Framed ♥


Comments

Popular Posts