Overnight guest of Genesis East . . .


It's amazing how one night in the hospital can put things back into perspective for someone.  I've been having severe chest pains for a few days now; well actually for a couple weeks. They come and go and the pain is so bad it's woken me up from a deep sleep twice. Yesterday morning it was time to go to the ER and get it checked out.  I hated going; I knew immediately when I walked out the door I wouldn't be returning home that night. So I grabbed my essentials, phone and charger, lol.
Of course the ER was jammed pack but I got in immediately. Anytime someone mentions chest pain; its a straight ticket through. So blood is taken, oxygen admistered, chest x-ray and admitted.
Now I want to tell you, if you are sick the last place you are going to get any rest is in the hospital. Every 2 hours they are in there poking you for blood,  checking vitals, hanging new bags of fluid. 
By the time my "stress" test rolled around at 11 am , I was dang near tuckered out.
After the test and a couple hours of waiting, the test results were in and they were 'negative'. Thank you Lord!
It was determined that my GERD was acting up and I was given a stronger prescription and sent home on my way. 
It's shocking how deafening silence is when you are sitting in a hospital room by yourself. When the lights are off, and family has gone home for the night and you are left there. It sure does make me appreciate my house, and the familiarity. The comfort of my own bed, where my side is indented to perfectly fit my body frame.
Somehow the little things that seemed so Big and Important really don't seem to matter now.

XOXOX
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts