Fridays Grateful s






Recently my daughter, Alexis and her 2 little ones, Alayna and Rylee had to move back home with us for a while. Needless to say my family, has had to make a lot of sacrifices for this to take place. Caitlin had to give up her room and move to a different one, my grocery bill has gone sky high (I forgot how much a 6 year old and a 3 year old eat all the time) not to mention my 14-year old, Caitlin.  And I had also forgotten how much little ones whine and bicker over the smallest of things.

My house is now in a constant dismay; clothes lying on the floor in their room, toys left out on the floor, which I stepped on a couple of times) Dishes...Oh wow you don't even want to know how many dishes they dirty in a single day. There are constant tiny fingerprints on my back porch glass door and crumbles on the floor constantly.    I feel as if it is an never ending job of picking up after everyone.

Earlier today I was reading a woman's blog who I follow. They recently lost their 3 year old son in a horrific accident. I wept at my computer as each word of hers stung my heart deeper than the last.   As every mother does, I have often  prayed to God to spare my children and for him to please never take them from me.
I think every parent does this oh at least a million times during their life.

My heart weeps and grieves for this poor mother and father and for their fiery little boy who's life was cut way to short. I often wonder, how could you pick up the pieces of your heart that have been shattered and ever even hope to being normal again. I admire their strength and their commitment to their little guy to carry on and make him proud of them.

She quoted in her blog a sayings from the movie, "Hope Floats" which helps her get thru each and every day. And I think it's a good one for all of us to remember when times are tough, and we simply feel that we  cannot take one more step. When our hearts are aching and we think it will jump right out of our chest.

Today after reading her blog, I looked around the dismay of my house. The shoes laying everyone, the dirty dishes piled in the kitchen sink, the little crumbs on the floor and yes even tripping over toys and I thanked God for this blessing.  Please let us learn to live in the moment and treasure each and every second we have with the people we love, because in a second, a mere second, they can be gone....just like that.

"Beginnings are usually scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will."

One grateful and happy Mama.
XOXXO
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts