That Night (lang Leav)

That Night
it was one of those nights that you are not altogether really sure it happened. there are no photographs, no receipts, no scrawled journal entries 
just the memory sitting in my mind, like a half-blown dandelion, waiting to be fractured, dismembered. waiting to disintegrate into nothing. 

as i close my eyes, pictures play like a blurry montage. i can see us driving, until the street signs grew less familiar | the flickering lamplight's giving away to stars...then sitting across from you in the booth
my hands pushing the plates aside, reaching across for yours

the conversations we had about everything and nothing. and kissing you. how i remember that. 
it was one of those nights that my mind still can't be sure of. that wonders if i was every there at all
yet in my heart,
it is as though
i never left.....

Comments

Popular Posts