and then suddenly its summer.....



on my way home from errands today, I happened to have my camera in the trunk. I didn't hesitate  to stop and pull over along side this field where anything summer was buzzing around....
including intense heat and humidity! ack!
the only part i truly hate about summer is the humidity...some of the meds im on can make me very ill if im out too long in it...so the few rare summer days we do get when the humidity is low you can bet im outside...but that wasn't today..this was a 10 minute stop...focus, and shoot
and then back into the air conditioned car.....
~~~~~~~~~~~
the skies were gorgeous today with knitted together  puffy clouds and slight peaks of blue shining between....i couldn't resist.....
and the true sign of summer for me is when the cicadas return filling the summer evenings with a beautiful lullabye i've come to expect this time of year....
the orange daylilies are in full bloom as are the wildflowers...its a constant watering every night for them.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~
the air conditioning in the house hasn't shut off since i've been home for a couple hours now....and the house smells of bleach from cleaning the bathroom.....
it appears there will be no break from the mugginess that is stagnant in the air...and no cool breezes blowing in through open windows tonight...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i've been in a funk these last couple weeks.....could just be the heat making me more irritable than usual but i wonder.....all i want to do is sleep, watch tv, or read...and if the phone rings i don't answer it unless its my mom...i don't feel like talking to anyone
i just want to find my center 
....again.....

i want to take my vintage quilt and spread it out in a field with wild flowers and drink a bottle of wine
and just embrace myself into summer and not come out till she's gone....
i want to pack a bag, throw it in the car
and just drive until my eyes start to close from too much driving and then
pull into a quaint bed and breakfast and travel unfamiliar streets with my camera....
peek inside little stores filled with baked goods and antiques.....

XOXO






Comments

Popular Posts