.....SUMMER DAYS....

I LOST a day somewhere this week. i was thinking today that it was only wednesday when indeed it is thursday...its brutal once again outside...with only a slight breeze, barely enough to even feel.
there is a dog barking down the alley and everytime i go to move my skin sticks to the iron chair...sweat beads drip off the glass of my iced coffee onto the brick windowsill.

the noises of summer are filling the quiet that i long for this morning....
lawn mover, cicadas. birds...and my fingers are glued to my pen from the stickiness

the porch needs a good sweeping
dead flower petals from the hanging plant above 
are littering the concrete floor
its difficult for me to wrap my head around the thought that school will begin again in a mere month..and even harder to acknowledge that caitlin only has 2 more years of high school left.... these teen age years have been much more difficult the third time around then with the other two....
i'll be glad to wave them goodbye,  despite it being bittersweet.


Comments

Popular Posts