the thing about blooming....






the older I get the more I long for a nice little cottage in the country. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. It just needs 2 people who love each other, some plants, cozy blankets for chilly nights and wooden screen doors that when they slam take me back to my childhood. bottles hanging from tree branches that light up at dusk.
A little creek  beneath a little deck where I could go out and drink my morning coffee and hear nothing but the water rushing over the rocks. a little escape into another world but it would be every day life.
i'm so ready to get out of the city and leave behind the shootings, the hatred, the getting cut off in traffic and people flipping you off for no reason.
________________________________________
young people think they'll live forever and do stupid shit, old people long to see another day.
God has been laying some heavy thoughts in my heart lately.
Opening my eyes to things I could never see before because I was too worried about what everyone else was doing and trying to fit into the crowd. Even though I was sassy and knew everything, I now find, I knew nothing. nothing at all. it's sad that you just get everything figured out to realize more than half your life is already over with.
____________________________________
and the thing about blooming is,
nothing about the process is easy. it requires every
part of you to stretch upward, with your
roots firmly planted in the ground; and
in the sun, and in the rain, and wind,
you stand anyway, even against
the pull of the soil. and through
it all, one day you will see all along
you were transforming. this took everything
out of you, but the struggle was beautiful
and necessary for your growth.
Morgan Harper Nichols
________________________________________

xoxoxo

Comments

Popular Posts