My Dearest Friend, Jen











ugh.. My dear beautiful bestest friend in the world, how do I even begin to say goodbye when I can't even believe you are gone.  Monday we shared dinner together, laughed and hugged and told each other we loved each other when I left. Never in a million years did I know I would never see you again. I never expected this morning when I got up that Dave would be calling me in tears telling me you were gone. I grabbed my keys and ran over to your house to find the medical examiner and police cars lined in the street. I begged them to let me in to see you, to say goodbye and to hug you one last time but they wouldn't let me, Jen. I know you know, cause I know you were there with me.

All those bible studies we did, the long talks we had about Jesus I'm so grateful you knew Jesus and you loved him. I have no doubt that you are being held in our Savior's arms right now. I know you will leave me a sign that you are okay when you can. 

We've been best friends for twenty years. Some of the best times of my life were spent with you. We had lots of good times and heartaches we got each other through. I'm going to be so lost without you. I'm so thankful we did that photoshoot last month and that I have all these beautiful photos of you and that Dave and your family will have photos of you too. 

I don't want you to be gone. I need you here. My heart is so broken. I know you know that I love you and I'm so thankful I always told you that. I never gave up on you. I know how strong you were and how much you had to overcome in your life. You were my hero. I could of never overcame the challenges you did and still you would say, "God is Good."
You always had a smile on your face and when you stumbled, you got right back up. I shouldn't have to live the rest of my life without you. You were so young. I hate this world, Jen and now it's going to be a more lonelier without my sidekick.

RIP my darling girl. Save me a space up there and give my Mama a big hug.
I'll love you forever.
XOXOXO
Besties forever.

Comments

  1. Kelly, I am so sorry and just having a hard time believing this is true. I started going to Jennifer because of you. We spent many hours talking and laughing. She adored you. My heart breaks for all who loved her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts