Mundane Things....



Mundane Things . . .

Today was kinda of a tuff day. I didn't sleep well because of numerous reasons which I won't go into; a sort of feeling sorry for myself day...yeah, I know, one of those. I know everyone has them. 
The pressures of everyday life, scheduling appointments, watching kids, deep conversations, and running errands just kind of built up over this past week to a breaking point.

I like 'simple', just plain simple. Simple days of "No To Do Lists, don't have to leave the house, lay around in my sweats if I want, but let's face it...it's very rare that I get a day like that unless I force myself to...just shut down and take it.
I run on high-speed so it's rare that I ever slow down.

My sister is having problems, my brother is dying, my mother is getting old and I often worry about her health and being alone; I'm on a constant worry over my oldest daughter who is struggling to raise 2 kids by herself, work a full time job and still having to struggle day after day. Most days I run on auto-pilot, just get through the day, drop into bed around 1am or 2am, sleep and get up to start the same routine all over again.

But then today I got on facebook and saw a post that snapped me right back into reality. A post of a mother, one of my oldest friends who was at her son's graveside. A son that was murdered at just the tender age of 25 years old. And a brother that was visiting the grave with his mother for the first time. I searched the eyes of this grieving mother and my heart literally sank. I was thinking of the family who just one week ago lost their 3 year old little boy in a horrific accident, with what started out as a typical day and ended in a deep hole of hell. 

I sat down and I thought about the things that I was griping about today; all the little mundane things that just a day consist of. Just a normal everyday routine; and how grateful I should be that today was just a normal routine day for me.
Because for a lot of people out there; they are struggling with pain, and a grief I cannot even fathom. A pain so deep that you feel  as if someone is cutting your heart out with a knife.
And that no matter how much praying, and begging you do to God their life will never be the same. And you torture yourself with the "What ifs" and the "Whys" and you would give your soul to the devil to have just one more day of routine.

Thank you Lord for this blessed day. Thank you Thank you Thank you for 
NORMAL 
I'm praying for all those out there that are in pain, and grieving for you Lord Jesus to lift their burdens and bestow a sense of peace upon them. Amen.

XOXOX
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts