Turn the Page . . .Another Chapter

Well baby girl you were laid to rest today with your Mama. It's hard looking at your picture above that was taken only 4 years ago. You looked so healthy and happy; not at all what you looked like this last past year. So unhappy; so many demons chasing you.

You've gone on now; I know you are at peace; in heaven; in Jesus arms. I know he is wiping away all that sadness and all those tears; only happiness for you now baby girl. But we are left here; your best friend (my sister), your sons, Brody and Drew, people who loved you; we are left to mourn you; to miss your smile and your laughter.

Life is so short...so very very short. I'm so very sad tonight. Sad for the loss of you Danielle. Sad for the aching your children are feeling. Sad for so many many things.  Sad that the last day I saw you, I didn't run up and put my arms around you - tell you how important you were - that you did matter - and that your life was worth fighting for. I wish I would of picked you up off that couch with all your bitching and protesting and dragged your ass up to the hospital and demanded that they treat you and keep you till you were well. But I guess in mind I didn't really think you'd die. You were too much of a fighter, but I guess you got weary and tired of fighting a battle you knew you could never win. I'm so sorry for that. I'm sorry for all the bad things in your life and that you felt you were not strong enough to face them. I'm sorry I didn't try and do more to try and help you.  I just always knew when I went to my sister's you would always be there. Always sitting in the corner. You were like a piece of the furniture - just always there. Now it's empty in that little corner and silent.

I'm sad that I have to write this letter. My heart is so very heavy tonight. Rest in peace sweet girl and shine on....always shine on.
XOXOX
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts