Mississippi Valley Fair


When I was a child the fair would start at the end of July and end early in August. It was here for 10 days and it was the best part about summer. My mother would take my sister and I and we would be there for the whole day, sipping fresh squeezed lemonade and eating corn dogs until we thought we would burst.

This year I went to the fair 2 nights out of the six days that it is here. There were young people, old people there eating, drinking, listening to the bands in the shelters and dancing. Its just a good time all around for people of all ages.
Now here's my problem. Both of the nights I was there two fights broke out on each night.  You didn't have this shit when I was a kid. It makes me really sad that there is so much hatred in this world anymore. That you can't even go to the fair without someone hating on someone else and starting problems, punching each other in front of little kids. 
It makes me worried for our younger generation. When did this world become such an ugly place? Its getting harder and harder to find the beauty of it anywhere anymore. Just makes me so sad.

XOXOX


Comments

Popular Posts