Tuesday is..













I am still deliciously swooning over the beauty
that mother nature dropped on us Sunday afternoon.
Over 13 inches of this gorgeous, wet, heavy white snow.
that is still draping over tree limbs, and power lines.
as i was out driving today, i noticed that quite a few cars are 
still buried deep underneath the heavy burden.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luckily the main roads are pretty clear, and what is left on them
is slushy, not slick. But the side roads
those are a different story altogether. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
after being stuck in the house for 2 days though, i was more than
willing to get outside for awhile. i ran some errands and then
grabbed my camera and wandered around for a while
until my fingers were so cold, i thought they were
frostbitten. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Needless to say, I hate winter, yes it can be beautiful, but she has a
mean, ugly side as well.
I'm ready for Spring
to kick my high heels back on
sit at the park with a good book
drink wine outside on my back porch and watch the sun set low
in her hazy blues and pinks.
I'm ready to fling open my windows and be lulled to sleep
by a gentle rain tapping against the  window.
but until then
stay warm and safe!


Comments

  1. Absolutely Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing the story, puts you right in the feel for the voyage. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts