walking the Streets of Unfamiliar

It is so strange to go to the Mall and see this...
nothing...no customers, very few workers working. I'm surprised that the mall is even still open. One thing we have to be grateful for is that so far there is only one case of the coronavirus in Scott County and 124 cases total in the state of Iowa. 
We are being told to stay inside and only go out when we absolutely have too: get groceries, get medications, which is why I was out today. I probably shouldn't have run to the bookstore but I did, a quick in and out trip, wearing gloves and using hand santitizer every time I touched something.

I never in my whole life thought that I would live long enough to see and be a part of a pandemic. You know you watch those "that is never going to happen Here" TV shows and we think that would never happen here.  But guess what? it is happening. Here. Right Now. And are people panicking? yes and no.

If this pandemic has done anything for me, it has deepened my faith in Christ. I've totally surrendered myself over to him because yes, He is the only one in control.  and I think that's why people are panicking so much is because for the first time in their life they have no control over the outcome.
it's a scary thought to think we have no control over what happens. We have no control of how other people react but......
  what we do have is:
 control over  how we act.
We can still be kind to one another
check on our neighbors
share our food and necessities with people who have nothing
We can show compassion and understanding

I wholeheartedly KNOW that MY GOD is BIGGER than this virus.
He is BIGGER than my fear
He alone is my refuge
and my Place of safety
He is my God and I trust him. (Ps. 9`:1-2)

I'm not saying that fear has not flashed  through my head on a number of occasions, because it has. But once it creeps in, I kick it right back out by focusing my eyes on God, his goodness, his love, his promises and I know HE'S GOT ME.

Stay safe, stay healthy and Be Kind.
XOXO






Comments

Popular Posts