Friday is....5.15.15












































i woke up this morning feeling, well...blah. Its been raining all week long, and a bit chilly for this time of year. So i knew if i stayed home all day in the house things would only bring my demeanour further down. 
So i grabbed my camera, picked up Caitlin from school and we went downtown. Going downtown always lifts up my spirits. its like a mini escape, i can pretend i live in chicago for just awhile.  I like to walk around and stumble upon little shops I've never noticed before. 
Today, we wandered inside an old used bookstore. Caitlin looked at me and said, "Mom, it smells like old people in there."
I laughed, and said, "Caitlin, it's the books, they're are old".
so after stumbling around in there for a while we headed down the street and came upon the cutest little coffee shop. well anyone who knows me knows i can't pass a coffee cafe without getting a hazelnut latte...
its was late in the day so there was no one in there and the girl working behind the
counter was so happy to see someone she talked and talked, we barely could get out of there, lol.
then we came across a sweet little bakery, and yes, of course could not walk by that so ended up getting 2 red velvet cupcakes and 2 vanilla bean with cream cheese frosting, and they were definitely worth the $3.00 a piece. Can you believe that? $3 for one cupcake! Yikes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
so all in all, it turned out to be a nice afternoon with my girl, Cate.
XOXOX

#nikon #streetshooting #may #caitlin #downtown

Comments

  1. First of all, I'm sorry you woke up in a blah mood, whatever the reason was. That does tend to make a day challenging to start out like that. Looking at your photos, and reading your story, made it feel like I was right there with you. Amazing city you have there, it always seems like it's somewhere else when you go. So many things to see, smell, hear and this time...taste! Yumm! What a wonderful way to bring your spirits up! Glad things got better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again thank you Paul for your kind words, and your thoughtfulness. I appreciate them very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts