Love

wake up darling; the sun's going to rise
let's celebrate 'right now' before the time flies
to everyone else, a day is just a day
but for us, each dawn is a promise to make
grab your camera and hop in the car
pick a spot on the map, no place is too far
we'll drive the whole day with your hand on my knee
dreaming out loud and feeling so free
around the world and across the sea
i am for you and you are for me
let's go to the ocean and walk on the pier
drink lemonade and live in the 'right here'
slow dance in the sand and hold me real close
these are the moments i live for
there's no date on the calendar but magic lives here
in this between season, it's precious and dear
when time slows down and so do we
i'll think of this day we spent by the sea
loving each other right where we're at
neither too far forward nor too far back
around the world and across the sea
i am for you
and you are for me....

((Cottage Hill)



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself genuinely smiling at this. I could close my eyes and daydream this into a reality. Wish I could go there…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts