My Best Friend, My Mama








there is something so heartbreaking about seeing your Mama sick, in the hospital.  Up until this point my Mama has been pretty fortunate, she is 91 years old and has only had to have 2 minor surgeries in those 91 years. there is no dignity in getting old. it's humiliating when you can't take care of your personal needs and you have to have a stranger do those things for you.
My mama has been so independent her whole life. she worked up until she was 82 years old at Younkers in the mall. She was just forced to give up her car and driving, which was very hard for her.

 as we age we are prone to more sickness, losing our independant. and when it's your mama, the one who has loved you unconditionally from day one, always been there for you, is your bestest friend in the world, its heartbreaking. Logically i know no one lives forever but the thought of existing in a world without my mother has always been terrifying for me. I know we are forced to go on but i can't help thinking what a sad world it will be without my mama in it.
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts