I woke to thunderstorms...

i woke to thunderstorms this morning, pulling the warm covers back up to my chin, i lingered in bed and listened just to clear my mind for a while.
this last week things have been falling down around me, like chess pieces on a board.  not directly to me but with loved ones, and good friends. i scroll on facebook and all i read is tragedy this week.  seems like its a been a bad week for everyone and all i want to do is just to escape the misery, the pain of the people of this world.
i often wonder why good people have to suffer and then i turn to my bible and it's there for me in black and white.  we suffer so God's glory can shine.
___________________________________
the christian's race is not a jog but rather a demanding and grueling, sometimes agonizing race. it takes a massive effort to finish strong ~ Max Lucado~
_____________________________________
Today I read a story on facebook about a young mother who was driving on the interstate with her 5-month daughter. a woman driving on the same interstate who was busy swirling from lane to lane in a big hurry, and  texting on her phone, took her eyes off the road and 
 slammed into the young mothers car and the baby buckled in the backseat   was ejected to the front dashboard, entangled in the dash board.
they rushed her to the hospital  but to no avail, she succumbed to head injures yesterday morning. a family shattered beyond any level of pain they ever thought possible.
______________________________________
we are a society out of control. without my faith i don't know how i would survive. I lean on Jesus to get me through this nightmare of a world because I know that this world is temporary. although i fail miserably at being a good person, i know in my heart that Jesus still loves me and thats what keeps me going. Jesus. Its that simple.
_______________________________________




 today Im going to snuggle inside, curl up in bed with a book and listen to the rain hit the windowpane. 
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts