Sweet September

today is dark, with thunder rolling in the background. the AC is blaring on full blast and the humidity hangs in the air like heavy drapes. raindrops pelt against window panes and the smell of Autumn is lingering through the house. I stocked up on Scentsy Autumn refills for my candle warmers and if I close my eyes it almost feels like I'm in the country surrounded under falling leaves. I adore Autumn, it has to be without a doubt my favorite season of the year.
I love the change of the leaves, the cool rainy days huddled together on the couch with my girls watching scary movies and sipping hot tea, fuzzy socks and cozy blankets draped over furniture.

I love spending afternoon in the bookstore and its an especially good day if I find a good read to take home or a dear friend pulls up a chair and we have a coffee together. It's hard to get time to spend with friends anymore, either I'm busy, or they are busy and my friend, Jen never has time for coffee dates anymore.
_________________________________
Novah will be 2 months on the 8th of September already. It seems the older I get the faster time goes by. Months go by like days. When I was a child I thought that a lifespan was forever. I still can't believe how fast my life as gone by. the days are as long as a minute now. we really are only on this earth for a brief pause.  
_____________________________
Ugh. Obviously, I'm into some deep thinking tonight. I wish when I was younger I would have treasured the days more and made more memories, but I was such a silly girl to think I had all the time in the world.

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts