Death...

As i sit here typing my brother is laying at home
in a hospital bed in his bedroom, lingering into the final
hours of his death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He has been sick for a very long time
and over that time it has made him a bitter
angry person. He was fairly young when he got
sick and the doctors wanted him to be put on a heart
transplant list...
he refused.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the years as I have watched him suffer
day after day, being in pain, being sick
not able to do anything in life really except
exist and wait for death to come and get him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many times people will question ...
why do people have to suffer?
I have often wondered this myself
and have come to believe that there is
great glory in suffering; just as Jesus Christ
suffered for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it is NOT an easy thing to watch...by any means...to watch
someone you love  suffer endlessly...day after day..
hour after hour....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But I believe we are all sent here for a purpose...
there are those that will suffer terribly during their last hours
...and then there are those that will leave quickly
only God knows why and someday, I believe we will also
know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have come to know that life is short,
so very very short.
so live each day as if it were your last
be kind to everyone, for we know not the
battles they have fought
love until you feel your heart will burst
and never take LIFE for granted.
Enjoy the "simple" things
for those are the things that end up
being the best things ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~


and a few final words to my brother, Jack
I hope that you will find peace in your new journey
i hope that you will once again be able to laugh
and find forgiveness in your sins.
I hope you are surrounded by family members that
have already passed on...and shielded in God's love
for eternity.
XOXO

Comments

  1. Kelly, I am so sorry for this painful ordeal, that you and you Family are going through. Watching a Family member die is so very difficult. All my Love and support goes out to you in this time of need. Your Testament at the end was so Heartfelt, it is truly Spiritual. I am glad to have become your friend, because I know you will have caring thoughts for me, should I ever fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful words as always.... Wish he had taken the transplant.. not sure why one would choose to suffer over using what is now a viable alternative.. but to make you all suffer to see him suffer is the great sadness.. and yes, even in the face of death, there are so many visions that come to mind.

    Imran
    WTC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Imran for your kind words, as always dear friend<3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts