Country Life....








when i was a little girl i dreamed about living on a farm. i was so envious of 
anybody  that got to enjoy that pleasure of a life....
...fresh country life....
beautiful sunsets , gravel roads to explore....
days spent with our feet in the creek...
everyday a new mystery awaits to be found....
my granddaughter lives on a farm, complete with chickens, turkeys, horses, ducks, dogs, cats
and a creek.
where sometimes in the summer months i'll drive out, drag my pity self down their with a bottle of wine and just be...

its so peaceful...nothing but the sounds of children laughing occasionally, ducks quacking, and the grass blowing.....i let myself get lost out there when im feeling particularly  vulnerable, or lost...
and the wind has a difference voice out there....especially in winter...
she can whip right through you and give you a beating like no other...
it's nice to have a special place to go when im feeling overwhelmed with city life, tasks that never seem to get completed and when i feel like i've lost a little piece of myself.
if i go out there, that lost piece is always there
waiting for me...looking at me like, "well, where have you been?"
then we reconnect like 2 lost loves, i drink my bottle of wine,
and after an hour or two im ready to collect myself, drive back into the city
and start all over again...

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts