My Other Half


My other half. The other half that has been with me my whole life. We were born 3 minutes apart. I haven't known anything different my whole life without her beside me. She has chosen a hard path in life. A very different life than what I choose. When we were little she was always mild and insecure. She stayed in the background while I stayed upfront, protecting her, shielding her from life's harsh reality. My mother and I have protected her her whole life and maybe we are partly to blame for the way she is now.
When she got older she turned to drugs and alcohol to give her the courage and voice that she never had when she was little. Those gave her the courage to stand up for herself and to face the world.
She has depended on others her whole life to take care of her and make sure she has everything she needs to get through the day. Through all this she has endured beatings of an abusive crazy husband, numerous trips to the ER room, buckets of tears shed, a broken and battered heart when all she ever craved was for someone to love her.
She is like a woman now trapped in the mind of a child. She finally after 3 1/2 years of being in an abusive relationship, and being mentally and psychically abused she left the other day. I am so proud of her for taking that first BIG step. It was probably the hardest thing she has ever done; but she did it!
A week from Tuesday she will leave my mother and I and move to CA and live with her two daughters. There are many times in the last ten years I've gotten so mad at her for putting me and my mother literally through hell and back. But through it all, she is my sissy. She is my twin. She is my other half. And I cannot imagine my life without her.
I'm going to be so lost without her. As if a piece of my heart has been sliced off.  Although I know this is the best thing for her; it hurts me to let her go. I'm scared to death that once she gets on that plane I will never see my sissy alive again. Her health is not the greatest from years of alcohol and drug abuse.  So please God, please watch over my sissy, please keep her safe, please give her some peace of mind, and most of all, some happiness and love.
In Jesus name I pray for this. Amen
XOXO
I love you sissy. Always and Forever
XOXO
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts