March Days....With My Mama



March days...so many good things about March; spring, warm breezes, the coming of a new season,  family get-togethers, birthdays, so many birthdays in March. 
 Today I spent the day with my Mama, running errands, everyday catch- up, hazelnut ice coffee at Starbucks. Every day things made so much simpler because I was with my Mama. Sometimes during the week I tend to get so busy with my daughter, running errands, attending appointments, cleaning house, laundry, checking off lists on my never ending "TO DO LIST" that I tend to forget that my strong, tender-hearted 87-year old Mama is sitting at home, where she sits everyday, wandering from room to room, eating every meal alone, constantly worrying about my sister or my dying brother and trying to get through another day all by herself.

My Mama, she is my best friend, my to go place when I'm feeling sad, or lonely. A place in my heart that only a Mama can fill. A place where I can go and feel safe, and loved when the sky seems to be falling and the world becomes disorientated and scary.  She is "my safe place", a place I can go when no-one else would understand but a Mama.  

I notice much more now in this last year how much harder it is for her to get around. She loses her balance, and she gets out of breath very easily, but still she has time for me, and her other children. I know there will come a day when my Mama isn't here anymore. I know that she will dwell in the house of the Lord and she will always live on in my heart, but gosh I'm gonna  be so lost without my Mama.
I love you Mommy
XOXOXO
Kelly

Comments

Popular Posts