Over the course of the last few days I've been literally glue to this book, "Same kind of Different As Me".  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a Christian woman. I believe wholeheartedly in God, and the power of prayer and miracles. I believe in unconditional love, hope, faith, and grace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its funny in a way because I bought this book a couple of years ago. I started reading a few pages and for some reason just couldn't get into it, so it remained on my bookshelf for a few years collecting dust, until I think I was ready to hear the message that it was about to deliver and the effect it would have on my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a mother. So I undoubtedly know what "unconditional love" is. It's very easy to have unconditional love for your children. You created them, you birthed them, you raised them, it is a bond that is never broken.
But to force unconditional  love upon someone else is not an easy thing to do.
I looked up "Unconditional Love" in the dictionary. And heres' what it has to state.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations. It can be also love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism, complete love, or "mother's/father's love." Each area of expertise has a certain way of describing unconditional love, but most will agree that it is that type of love which has no bounds and is unchanging. It is a concept in ones mind comparable to true love, a term which is more frequently used to describe love between lovers. By contrast, unconditional love is frequently used to describe love between family members, comrades in arms and between others in highly committed relationships. An example of this is a parent's love for their child; no matter a test score, a life changing decision, an argument, or a strong belief, the amount of love that remains between this bond is seen as unchanging and unconditional.
In religion, unconditional love is thought to be part of the Four Loves; affection, friendship, romance, and unconditional.[1] In ethology, or the study of animal behavior, unconditional love would refer to altruism which in turn refers to the behavior by individuals that increases the fitness of another while decreasing the fitness of the individual committing the act. In psychology, unconditional love refers to a state of mind in which one has the goal of increasing the welfare of another, despite any evidence of benefit for oneself. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if we could all just love one another, the way God intended us to....without passing judgement on another because of their color,or their status in life. Wouldn't it be wonderful if forgiving someone was as easy as throwing a stone at them. 

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thank you for the many insights on "Unconditional Love". there's a lot to be learned there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts