A New Year BRINGING IN NEW LOVE...

a brand new year is here  like a blank piece of paper eagerly awaiting for journeys to be filled and to better myself as a person and a child of God.

i am a flawed person, im way beyond perfect , hard as i might try, i fall short of that everyday...but you know what? its okay because i know no matter what, God loves me unconditionally, he is beside me cheering me on and  extending his hand to help me back up.


 REAL LOVE.... real love is simple and small
and complicated and kind of boring and the largest of all.. love is all there is....
it comes in quiet. real love is in the really small gestures the way your hands, your feet move to speak to our heart~
Ann Voskamp (the Broken Way) 

i absolutely love that....love comes in quiet...
love is also patient and kind, it is not easily angered....
we're not suppose to be perfect, we're suppose to be human, and humans are messy,
flawed, glorious and deeply loved by Jesus 
what a piece of mind that gives me, knowing that im not perfect, and i don't even have to try to even come close to being perfect. Jesus shows us that our lives are about love and not performance. he extends mercy rather than demands...

over the years i've  harbored guilt and remorse over things i've done in my life...bad decisions made in a haste, easily  angered and letting other people control my feelings... last night i learned the difference between guilt and sorrow. Guilt are things that Satan screams at you  in a fierce hardened voice, sorrow is feeling genuine 

guilt is self-focused
sorrow is grieving over how we've hurt someone
guild is a legal term
sorrow is a heart expression
guilt shuts us down
sorrow opens us up again
*there is always more grace in Christ than there is guilt in us...(ann voskamp)

im the kind of person who doesn't like to ask for help, i like to think that i can handle things on my own,as if im some kind of big and bad girl,  but i can't, i know that, and admitting it is like a burden lifted off my weary shoulders....

we're made to share life with each other. we're made to say, "I need you. Please help me."
i think that  makes me a weak person, but it doesn't. we think its easy to try to figure things out on our own, its much harder to say,

 "Please carry my heart to Jesus today."

I have a feeling i'll be asking that a lot in the coming days....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY BELOVED FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I HOPE THAT YOU FEEL THE JOY AND LOVE OF HOW SPECIAL YOU EACH ARE..
XOXO





Comments

Popular Posts