searching for autumn...

last night i tossed bits of autumn around the house.
tucked autumn leaves into corners, got out my autumn blanket and draped it across the couch.
bought cinnamon candles, went up into the attic and got my familiar pumpkins down.
scarecrows, apple cider, sweat pants, pumpkin pie, trick or treat, little goblins, ghosts hanging from the trees, football,   yes, im ready for autumn and im hoping she stays around for a while.

____________________________________________________
A U T U M N   D E L I G H T S
bonfires and the smell of burning wood drifting through open windows.  cooler nights. Halloween. cozy blankets. sweater-weather. thanksgiving. back-to-school. my mama's homemade vegetable soup.apple pies and the smell of cinnamon drifting through the house. apple orchards. flannel shirts.white pumpkins. racking up piles of colorful leaves. rainy days. movie marathons. early evening walks. jumping crickets. caramel apples. windows and doors open. days at the river with my camera. 
is there anything better than Autumn? I think not.
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts