A letter to my Daughter on her 18th Birthday














Happy 18th birthday to my beautiful girl, Caitlin Marie.

Gosh, I don't know where the time went. One day I was bringing you home from the hospital and the next it seems you are all grown up.
I want you to know that I love you more than words or actions could ever display. I know you and I have butt heads on quite a few occasions and I see so much of me inside of you my spunky girl. the times you crawl inside of yourself and won't let anyone in, the times you stand up for yourself and what you believe in, and yes, even the times that you are bitchy and complain, you are so much like your Mama so I know that no matter what, you will always be okay. 
I know that life hasn't turned out for you the way I had planned. but one thing I do know that Life is constantly changing and nothing ever stays the same.
_______________________________
Life is amazing. and then it's awful. and then it's amazing again. and in between the amazing and awful, it's ordinary and mundane and routine. Breathe in the amazing, hold on thru the awful and relax and exhale during the ordinary. That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, Ordinary Life. And it's breathtakingly beautiful. 
(L.R. Knost)

I love you baby girl. I always got you, forever.
XOXO
Mama

Comments

Popular Posts