Chasing The Horizon

hazy summer evening driving country back roads and pulling over to capture a field of wildflowers while a pasture of cows looks on. I want to hear small words of comfort and warm soft hands to enclose mine. I want to go to a little off-street bar, listen to blue's music and sip red wine. I want to wake up on a Sunday morning, sun warming my face and the smell of hazelnut coffee seeping through the door. I want to take a train ride to somewhere unexpectedly and get lost somewhere new.
I want to learn about old photographers, study their technique. I want to shoot more "Documentaries" this year. And I want happiness to spread through me like a wildfire out of control.
I want to slow dance under the moon with someone I love and twirl in a frilly dress, and then laugh loudly.
I want to live for the moment that I can't put into words. I want to escape into more books on lazy summer evenings, while the breeze blows in through open windows. I want to not dwell on things I cannot change and remember that bad times won't stay around forever. I want to remember that I have no control over anything but I can always be kind and grateful.

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts