A Daughter ♥ My Caitlin

My Cate.
She's such a complex mystery right now; at this age. She's in the middle of trying to find herself and find a spot where she belongs in this world. She's lost and I'm fighting to help her find her way and direct her in the right path. She's stubborn and resisting me every foot of the way. But what she doesn't realize is I'm her mother. I love her. More than I love life itself. I will fight whoever or whatever stands in the way of her happiness; even if it's the devil himself. And even if it's her.

Caitlin, I'm not here to be your friend right now. I was given the job to be your parent. To help guide you; make decisions for you; because regardless of what you think baby girl; no, you do not know everything just quite yet. I don't even know everything yet. I'm still learning; everyday. I fight everyday just like you do to be happy; and to enjoy the simple things in life.

I know you think I don't know anything but I do know alittle. Just ask your sister and brother. I'm trying to stop you from making the mistakes I made; that your sister and your brother made. I want a good life for you. I want more than anything for you to be happy and successful. But most importantly, I want you to love yourself; because YOU ARE WORTH IT.
You are beautiful, witty, spunky and have many talents that I would hate to see wasted.
 Really, it's simple. Just be happy. Enjoy the simple things in life. A walk down a country lane with a loved one. Picking berries in a strawberry path. Holidays with your family. Looking at photographs. Reading a book, yes reading a book. You can lose yourself into a whole other world through a book.
Don't be so hard on yourself and don't let others treat you badly. For you deserve better than that.

I know as a mother I've made mistakes. And I'm sorry for those. I'm going to continue to make mistakes because I'm human. But I do know that I love you more than anything and I will do anything in this world to make sure you are happy & safe.  So you can hate me, fight me all you want, I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to be right here pushing you everyday to be the best you can be. I'm not  ever going to give up on you.
For one simple reason,
Because.
I. Love. You.
Heart.
& Soul.
XOXO
Mama

Comments

Popular Posts