RIP Tom

I'm tying to enjoy the simple things today. The place where I get all my photo work printed, buy all my camera equipment, the place I go too sometimes, 3 or 4 times weekly, is filled with a sadness today. I walked into the store today and even though I had already known by this time, there was a gloom that hung over the store. The owner, Tom who was diagnosed with cancer in January passed away at 7:30 am this morning.
Now he wasn't  a particular pleasant person to be around. He was a strick business man who had little concern or regard for his employees. Most of them who remained loyal to him and have worked for him for over 20 years or so.  I've gone to this store for the last 4 or 5 years; sometimes 3 times a week to have work picked up. I know everyone who works in the store. Most of them by now I consider to be good friends of mine. Every time I go in there we chat and I'm usually in there a good 15 minutes or so. Now most of the time Tom would very rarely talk to you. Occasionally he has struck up a conversation with me, and cut me a deal once or twice.  But more or less, he was not a particularly friendly person; especially for someone who owned a business.

Still, I'm sadden at the loss for his family. He didn't have any children, just a sister and a brother.  And I know the store is being taken over by a great guy who will no doubt bring much success to it and definitely be a lot more pleasant to work with.  But it saddens me that a life is gone and at such a young age. I'm not one to judge anyone; and I don't know the battles that he climbed or struggled with in his life.
So for today I will respect him and mourn him and hope that he is at peace.
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts