The alarm went off late and I ended up having to drive Caitlin to school this morning. Sigh.
The sun was shining thru the bedroom window, urging  me to pull up the blinds and jump out of bed to greet a glorious day.  I stumbled into the kitchen after a very busy  weekend consisting of  photo sessions and editing, to taste that first sweet sip of hazelnut coffee to jump start the day that awaits me; of visiting with my mom today, getting caught up on laundry and editing late into the night most likely. I've been running on 6 hours of sleep for the last three nights. Sigh. 

The grass had wet dew on it this morning as I stepped outside to take Caitlin to school. And the cicadas are singing a lovely lullaby. The beautiful sound I look forward to hearing every summer and that had lulled me to sleep as a child. 
Autumn is fastly approaching this year; I feel it. Soon it will be time for sweaters, and cozy fuzzy socks, curling on the couch with a good book and a nice roaring fire.

I feel a longing for long chilly days ahead, Sunday mornings sleeping in with books and magazines and long hard felt conversations. 

Today I'm dreaming of crisp red apples falling on the ground, baking warm apple pie and cinnamon candles. The sights and sounds are pulling me in.  Autumn. 

XOXOXO

Comments

Popular Posts