To Alexis on Your 25th Birthday...

My beautiful girl Alexis,
I can barely fathom the thought that tomorrow you will be 25 years old.There are so many dreams and so much happiness I had planned for you in life and some of them you have already experienced.
~~~~~~~
I clearly remember the  sunny unusually warm weather we were having that day as I walked down the stairs from the bedroom to get ready to go to the hospital.
It was as if the pearly gates of heaven had opened up and delivered you to me. They knew I would be receiving a special gift that day to be protected, loved and very cherished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We (you and I) had a connection, a bond from the very beginning. You were stubborn during your ultrasound and I didn't know i would be having a little girl, although i had hoped and prayed for many years of having a little special princess to love and to spoil.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I so clearly remember the first time they placed you in my arms. From that moment  you stole a piece of my heart. At first the only thing I could see was all this gorgeous dark hair and then this beautiful tiny  face. Bared from any flaws; only perfection stared back at me from 2 tiny dark eyes. That was all it took, you had me under your thumb from that first moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the next 2 years, you and Tyler were my whole life, until Tyler started school and then it was just you and I.  We spent our days in alittle routine that you and i had gotten into. On nice days we would walk down the dirt road out the bus stop and get tyler off the bus immersed in our own little mommy and daughter conversations.
I wish i had known at that time how fast those years would fly by and that when you grew older and out of the house how i would wish them back daily.
those little tender moments
unexpected kisses and giant hugs
the gift of childhood...and how fleeting it is.
~~~~~~~~~
I want you to know today that i am so proud of the adult woman you have become. you are a great mommy to alayna and rylee and a kind and considerate woman.
the years may have flown by too swiftly
but you will always be my first baby girl
my special angel.
Mommy loves you so very much.
XOXOX
Mama

Comments

  1. Such a Beautiful sentiment between a Mother and Daughter. So Loving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Beautiful sentiment between a Mother and Daughter. So Loving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts