whats normal ...







these days sometimes I forget what's going on in the real world. Tucked safely inside my 4 walls with my Novah, Caitlin, Legend and Richard. I'll get busy with a task, or focused on a tv binge and I can allow myself to relax and forget....

it isn't until i step outside and notice the lack of traffic,   the empty parking lots where business should be open and operating. the closed bookstores and coffee shops. Any other time of the year I would be planning on attending church services for Good Friday tomm evening. Grocery shopping for Easter Dinner and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new grandson who should be here any day now.
But not this year. 
this year I'm focused on keeping my family safe, doing grocery shopping for my mom and sister and this year for the first time we won't be celebrating Easter together. Instead they will each be cooking at their own homes this year. There will be no restaurants open for Easter Buffets. and no Easter Sunday Church.

Instead this year we struggle to make sense of what our new "normal" has been for the last month and who knows how much longer it will continue.This year thousands of people have died, and thousands more are fighting for there lives.
This year, COVID-19 seethed in on the world like a monster let loose from hell. A new virus. No vaccines for this yet, and who knows how long it could take to get one.
It is affecting everyone from babies to young adults to older people. 
the only thing open these days are grocery stores, and gas stations. and before entering the store we gear up with face masks and gloves. Spray down all the groceries when we get home.
I'm still wandering around in a daze of disbelief! This is the United States. Stuff like this doesn't happen here. Oh, but it did dearest.
What we are living right now all around the world will go down in the history books.
I've never witnessed such panic in people as I have this last month. No toilet paper, hand sanitizer, bleach cleaner, rubbing alcohol can be found anywhere. It is only from the kindness of one of my clients that will even  have toilet paper.

it's crazy. it's madness. If it wasn't for my faith I don't know how I would get through this.
But I just know that God is going to bring something good out of this.
I don't know when this nightmare will be over, but I do no that MY GOD is BIGGER and STRONGER than the COVID-19 virus. He is my refuge and my strength and he will without a doubt see us through this.

My prayers are with the world. and if you don't have Christ in your life, now is such a good time to reach out a hand on bended knees and speak,
"Jesus, help me"
and he will.

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts