Day 2 | Life | Monday is....


monday is...
waking up early and hazelnut coffee on the back porch
once again oppressive heat and humidity so thick that it just hangs on your skin
storm clouds and drops of rain
more lightness in my heart today
doctor's appt this afternoon
as i glace out across my yard which has been neglected this weekend my lawn is scattered in four leaf clovers and the cat is howling at the screen door to be let in after her night of hunting which she so generously drops her treasures by the front door for us to find every morning as if she is giving us a gift....
the air conditioner is running at full speed with a constant humming that never shuts off

im lingering on the porch this morning with a feeling of just wanting 'to be'. 
my porch is in utter disarray with 3 pair of shoes that have been kicked off and are now laying under my white bench amidst cigarette ashes and a dead flower plant that i seriously neglected...
empty cigarette packs peak out behind the chairs, the ones that have fallen out of the over packed garbage bag that everyone sees, but no one attempts to empty. 

its barnes & noble this after noon with E.L. James new book  "grey" coming home with me
it's keeping an eye on the weather for unexpected storms breaking loose. it's looking at the line at the coffee counter that keeps growing longer the more i sit here.

its catching ominous storm clouds as i leave the bookstore and drops of rain on my windshield

and then this happened on the way home....
a single wisp of beauty swaying in the wind
i had to stop and pull over my car to snap it...


Thought for the Day:

i know how you feel when you're alone
lying on your bed,
looking at your phone
as if its meant
to bring you peace from
all the demons tuggin 
at your head.
you ask yourself: 
"who in the world will love me?"
and you should always
remember how no one will
not ever,
unless you love
yourself...
(Robert M. Drake)

Comments

  1. :) You got me...I'm along for this ride. All the way to the end. Life's so busy sometimes, we get lazy overlooking the small odd jobs. See you tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts