Day 8 | Sunday is....

 Sunday is.....
Dunn Brothers picking up my 2 gallons of ice coffee for the week :)
because they have the best...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday is....7/19/15
....oh where to even start....
cooler temps at least not as brutal as it has been the last 2 days
a crazy day....so many emotions
frightened, intense, grief, grateful and blessed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Usually on the weekends i will run my 88-year-old mama around to get her errands done. grocery shopping, bank, those kinds of things.
so last night we decided that i would pick her up around 2pm. i go over there, call and tell her im outside, we run to Camera Corner to have a photo printed and stop at mcdonald's for lunch (which by the way was a bad choice. i seriously got to quit eating that crap they call food)
then she decides we need to run to target for a few things. we park, go into the store and not in there 2 minutes and she falls flat on her face....
her shoe had stuck to the floor and down she went...
the next thing i hear the lady at customer service screaming, "Woman down" "Woman down"
and everyone comes running. my poor 88 soon to be 89 year old mother is laying on the floor in a twisted position...they called 911 and the fire paramedics and they were there almost before i could blink twice....
they ask her where it hurt and gently helped her up and over to the bench. immediately she had bruises on her hand, her right arm and her left knee was cut and bruised badly. her skin is paper thin, im surprise she didn't cut herself anywhere else...that floor looked pretty dang hard and the thump she made when she fell was pretty loud.
my poor little mommy i was just beside myself....
so they decided that she hadn't broke anything, and she didn't need to be taken to the hospital. although her blood pressure was sky high! i pulled the car up to the front of the store and they helped her in. i got her home and into her pjs, got her ice packs and have been calling her every hour to check on her.

im so thankful and blessed that she didn't break a hip or crack her skull open. i think my brother jack was looking over her today...because it could have been very bad.
it just goes to show you that one day everything can be fine, 5 mins later your world as you know it can be shattered into a million pieces that will never again fit properly back together.
so im grateful to God for watching over her today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
right now im sitting on my porch, trying to relax and calm my senses after the stressful day ive had. i feel as if the cicadas are singing a sonnet for me and me alone. i find great comfort sitting on my porch and listening to them. i wait for them to come up out of the ground every july.  if i close my eyes and let myself drift away im back at my grandparents cabin on the waspi river...where everyday was carefree. familiar and the days were long and hot...and oh how we played. im glad i grew up in the era i did because i lived my childhood...kids today don't even know how wonderful it was to lay in bed at night and just be exhausted and grimy from sweat...no air conditioner at the cabin and no inside bathroom. if i had to go potty in the middle of the night i made my sister get up and go with me because i knew the boggy man lived in those woods right behind the out house. we slowly creep over to the out house, our eyes wide and alert, we'd do our business and then scurry like mice to get back inside. 
oh how i miss those days. if the river was low we would get to go wading...and every night we had a bon fire, the adults would sit around, talk and the men would drink beer and us children would scurry around with our mason jars and catch fireflies...it was the best of times. im so grateful for my wonderful memories of being there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tonight i know.....
im tired, and stressed out....the air conditioning is running full speed and sending a chill down my spine. im so sick of having the air on...its summer i want to fling open my doors and my windows and breath it in for as long as i can....
i want to kick off my shoes and run outside in the dark
i want to play outside with alayna and let her take me back to childhood
i want to go in my room, light a candle and read something good
so thats what im gonna do.
XOXOX



Comments

  1. Let me start by saying how glad I am for all of you, that your Mom didn't hurt herself any worse than she did. We all know someone who has broken bones in simple falls like that. Next I wanna skip over the middle, and hope that a candle and a good read did you some good to relax. Now for the good stuff! :) You took me right back to my childhood as I read, smiling, your recount of the cabin on the Wapsi river. As I read this, I remembered my Mom and Dad loading us kids into the family car, driving more than 5 hours to Ionia Iowa. There my Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary Jenn had a huge farm. I remember playing in the hayloft, chasing the piglets with yardsticks, staring down the Bull, climbing in the corn crib, riding mini bikes and motorcycles around the corn field. Having an ice cold coca-cola sittin on the patio. Boy, what kids are missing today! Their land backed up to one of the Wapsi's branches too. But back then it was only a creek! Ankle deep in most parts. Finding crayfish, cooling off after a hot day playing in the sun...come to think of it, I miss those days too! Thanks for bringing those memories back for me, Kelly. I truly enjoyed it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts