Day 3 | Project of Me










Day 3
Tuesday is....
~~~~~~~~~~feeling grateful~~~~~~~~~~~
last week was a tough one for me

i stayed at home most of the week and sat
around focusing on all the negativity in my life
and everything that was wrong...i dwelled in it and
let it swallow me whole until i was drowning...
until i didn't know where i belonged and all my pieces 
didn't seem to fit anywhere anymore
i was miserable, sad, and lonely
even in a house filled with 2 others....
i don't why i let myself go there because its hell
getting back...climbing up from the bottom of a pit
while i feel demons trying to pull me back down
this menopause and depression thing kicked my butt last week
but as always, i kicked and screamed and fought my way back to the top....
and then i remembered
i remember why i do that ...why i fight like hell
to keep from letting my soul stay down there...


i forgot its the simple things that make up the
most important events of your lives...
its walking in the sunshine and feeling the warmth spread thru your soul
its cooking my favorite dinner, with a glass of wine
and dancing around the kitchen singing to the latest
song i've discovered blasting thru my earphones
its simplicity, art and books and going downtown for the day to street shoot
its the wildflowers outside my living room window that wave to me as i walk pass them numerous times a day
its even finding the beauty inside the rain storm we had last week and buckets on my floor in the foyer and bathroom because of a leaky roof....
its going down to the river and listening to a band and people watching....
its sitting on the back porch and listening to the concert that the summer bugs bring...
its writing again..after a week of not...

im trying everyday to see something beautiful under the rubble
and i hope you will too.
stop. pause. and notice the beauty around you
XOXOX



Comments

  1. Another fantastic entry Kelly. I swear I could put myself right there in your house, on your sidewalk, on the street where you live. Great writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts