Day 5

i see her
over there hiding in the shadows
the darkness pulling her in..
she's mystic and unsure
her gypsy soul wanting to take flight into the night
she steadies herself and sucks in her shaky breathe
her heart slowly untangling and unraveling
years of doubts and fears that have
chained her inside a wall of darkness 
are screaming for release.
its time...
she lets the words roll around her tongue
slowly, deliberately, over and over again
as if she's trying to convince her mind
as much as her heart is 
its bitter and cold
and the emptiness consumes her
a new dawn is breaking
she turns around the corner
and finds her familiar way
back to the craziness....
(c) Kelly J Petersen

Thursday is (day 5)
a crow flying by and coffee on the porch
a robin perched on the neighbors roof
a warm breeze today - its nice brushing across my bare skin
rustling the trees and droplets of water hitting the ground from the early morning rain...
the sky is covered in grey today
and white butterflies are dancing in the back yard
its one month today....
today playing on my headphones is
You & Tequila




today i know:
that i feel like the weather. raindrops slamming against the window panes, softly at first and then more urgently, hard, wet and with a angry  force.
the burden is heavy so i am laying it down today and just enjoy 'being' i want to close my weary eyes and not think, just breath in my surroundings and to feel joy in my soul as i smell the chicken that is cooking in the kitchen. as i glance at the twinkling lights on the shelf under my TV. as i glance at the photograph of my daughter, Caitlin in the foyer and that day comes rushing back in full force. the smell of spring that was emerging from the ground that day as the gusty winds danced with her hair and left a pink rosy glow upon her young face.
im comforted today as i lay on the couch with my journal, books and pens. its big and soft and cozy and it envelopes me as if a big hug would from a cherished loved one.


Comments

  1. You are an amazing writer. I'm not sure you fully believe that, but it's true! I think we're going to see some great things from you, as these "Days" progress. I'm looking forward to reading them all. I like the very personal feelings you share in the last portion, especially the big hug from the soft couch! That's a nice analogy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paul.im so glad you enjoy reading them

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts