Friday brings...



Friday brings....

a day with my mama and my sister-in-law
lunch at granite city they have the best flat bread pizza ever!
an hour long shopping trip to tjmax and slowly cruising the aisles
checking out all the new bits of pretty
its running my hand over the softest blanket i've ever felt touch my skin..i lingered a bit, and ran my hands through it again and wondered if i should get it or not...im a sucker for a cozy blankets ..in the end...i decided i didn't need it, i have so many quilts and blankets i could most likely open up my own store...
so i turn and sashayed down the next aisle, only to be confronted with another one of my favorite things, clocks 
however this time i did not need to think, atop the shelf was a white clock that was cooing me in for a closer look.
i picked it up and thought were i could possible put it...then it hit me....the bathroom...we don't have a clock in the bathroom...and when im getting ready it would be good to know what time it is...
so into my cart it went...also with a baby blue robin's egg pitcher for my weekly bouquets i treat myself to ever week at the market.
also along with my friday finds, a goose feather pillow for the couch that says...
follow your dreams (a favorite saying of mine)

the it was a quick trip to starbucks for ice coffee and target to pick up some much needed aleve...its hell getting old...its the only thing that works for  my aching body. 
lately ive been questioning myself a lot ....
about everything
its as if one day (well actually it was on my 50th birthday)i laid in bed all day long....i lost myself that day...the girl who i had been for 50 years just upped and floated away...and a stranger showed up in her place...its been 4 years since then and im still getting to know this person, this 'new' me...there are days that her and i really struggle...i want the 'old' me back but she refuses to leave... she is a sassy thing, stubborn and at times
very lost....but i know the old girl is still in there and im going to keep hanging on
and keep searching
till she comes back....
until she does i will continue to stare at the stars and
admire the moon and always chase the light...
im ever so grateful i have good friends and a family
no matter how dysfunctional we are...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
right now as im typing its silence and the last piece of chocolate cake
its glancing at the baby blue pitcher and the pink gerber daises that are on their last leg...
its the sunflowers in my living room that are done reaching for the light..all the petals have fallen onto the white tabletop.
its the creaking of the wood back door as i wander out to have a cigarette, stare at the moon and listen to the sounds of summer....
tomorrow  august will rush in...and i wonder what she has in store for us this year...with autumn brings the county fair, outdoor concerts, and corn dogs, and fresh squeezed lemonade. and the last of summer days....
autumn will follow soon with wet soaked leaves that gather in street corners and alleys...white pumpkins and bursts of vibrant colors...i adore autumn...so i hope she will stay for a long while this year...
XOXO



Comments

  1. WOW!! as if your day wasn't busy enough, your mind was a traffic jam on a Holiday weekend!! lol your minute by minute telling has me thinking I'm tired just reading about it. But then I'm ready to kick back and enjoy the visit to the porch, looking at the moon and stars, listening to the sounds, imagining all the things to come...just around the corner...in Autumn.... :) Silly it seems at times. I hope you can be happy with who you are now, I doubt we ever find who we used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts