thursday is....


thursday brings...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
my alayna's 7th birthday
 and warm temps 
sitting on the porch and watching a dragon-fly circle round and round again...
blue skies today not a cloud to be seen anywhere
today brings us 2 days left of july before august sashays in
just like every summer im often left bewildered as to where she scurried off to in a such a rush
i love the way she calls to me and digs down deep into my soul and yanks that inner child of mine out to play under the sun
i love to dance under the street lamps when i think no one is watching...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
today was filled with laundry and scrubbing floors
washing down cabinets in the kitchen
and moving things around to new spots...even though i told myself
let it go, some other day when the weather is cold...everything will still be there waiting for you...
Kiss Me Ed Sheridan on repeat all day long
and drowning in Nicholas sparks new released movie,
the longest ride

i watched the pink petals fall slowly off my Gerber daisies as they wither away more every day..
i lit scented candles 
and tried to push nagging emotions aside
it never works though
~~~~~~~~~~~
i had alayna for 2 days this week so tonight im enjoying the quiet
i can feel myself slipping into my inner-self for a while
i don't know why i feel the need to do that, but i do
certain times i need to distract myself from family, and friends
and unknowingly shut people off for awhile
otherwise it becomes too noisy in my head
i feel a strong urge to lay in the comfort of my bed
wrapped up in my down feather comforter no matter the season..
and lose myself into a good book

....its funny how we make life so complicated for ourselves...
if only we would just let go and 
let it be...
XOXOX





Comments

  1. Emotions seem tranquil, easy going today, yet strained or reserved. I can somehow feel that you are...disconnected from your usual self. something in the writing?? I'd like to spy you dancing around a street lamp, that would be a precious site. I hope you found comfort, maybe in your big soft bed as you described. Beautiful photo you took and chose for this day, does the key unlock a hidden treasure? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments Paul. You are quite the writer yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts