Day 6 | A Bitterly Prism Summer

the heat doesn't stop this pretty girl from stretching her limbs and smiling for me today....


to say we are in the middle of a atrocious heatwave would be an understatement.
it's 107 with the heat index right now 
when you step outside searing neon carrot heat just stops you dead in your tracks
you struggle to wipe off the monstrous heat that is clinging to your skin
you wince to catch a breath...there is no breeze and even if there was i doubt it would make any difference.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i loathe this heat. i can take hot weather, but mix 80% humidity in with that and yeah, im toast.
i wait impatiently all winter for summer to get here. im not the type of a person that can be chained inside the house all day long. i need to get out, mingle with people, sit in my favorite bookstore and drift into a world of inspiration.
i need to explore art and new books that are jumping off the shelves to be read.
i need to be able to walk outside in the evening and shoot the salmon pink sunsets
and lay down in a pile of cool pistachio overgrown grass
i need to kick my shoes off and squish my toes in the sand
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need to go down to the river and lean over the ledge and listen to the waves crash up against the side of the cement wall. i need to hear and see the birds as they effortlessly glide through the air
i need to feel the breeze wrap its arms around me and enveloped me into a state of giddiness. 
i need to breath summer...and im not being able to do that lately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is....
sweltering and unsurpassable
as im sitting at my desk typing the air conditioner
is  grueling to keep up with keeping the house cool..its running non stop
the news is on tv in the room next to me
its a trip to Camera Corner and open chats with friends
a stop at Walgreens for new ear phones (only the 100th pair i've bought because caitlin leaves them over at her sisters or ruins them so then she takes mine)
nothing is hands off in this house it seems....blah
picked up the new Signa ( 16-35mm f1/8) art lens today and was planning on trying it out during the photoshoot tomorrow in Langley, IL however, with the forecast calling for 110 temps i don't know if i'll make it or not. 
if you haven't picked it up yet from reading my post here, im extremely dismayed over this weather...
its a bitterly prism summer...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today i know:
that im hot, sticky and sweaty and i hate to sweat
going outside to just have a cigarette is horrendous
i think i'll bury my head into a book tonight, lay
on the comfort of my bed, and occasionally glare out the
window, close my eyes and wish i was out there
snapping polaroids and twirling in the evening light.
dreaming.....

Currently I'm listening too:
November Rain
and thinking that i want to stop thinking
for a while
and ignore the reminders that
im
aching for summer that is at least somewhat  perching
around the corner and its just as ready as i am
to come out and play....

XOXOX



Comments

  1. I love this blog. I'm loving it more each day! It's like I can feel the heat on my face when I walk out the door, the oppressive waves of discomfort as the sweat begins to form, just by walking outside. The reality you bring forth is so amazing...one feels right there with you, in your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts