Day 7 | Saturday is....





Day 7 | Saturday is....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today i am...
lonely as a robins egg is blue
and in a not feel mood to do much of anything
the heat on my skin is sticky and hangs on tight
as thick lined curtains hang in a window shutting out all  light
its pulling me under
as it leaves me gasping for breathe
the kind of breath that shocks your soul
when you hit cold ice
the tree limbs are swaying to a song
that belongs only to them...
how i would like to skirt up  inside
and hear their hushed lullaby
feel their limbs brush inside to the core of my soul
and take flight....
(c) Kelly J Petersen


rising earlier than normal this morning and greeted by the coolness of the air conditioner running all night long
i travel into the kitchen for my regular ice brewed hazelnut coffee and sashay out to the porch for my first cigarette of the day, journal and pen in hand.
Immediately Im assaulted once again by the horrendous heat and a wave of disappointment washes over me. i was suppose to go and shoot the Photo Fest today but because of the heat, i am once again bound to the house or anyplace that has air conditioning for that matter

the neighborhood cat just scooted pass me, perhaps she is looking for a place of shade and trying to escape this heat as well....i wait in eager anticipation for cooler days to arrive when i can fling open the windows and doors
im remaining in readiness for days at the lake
paddle boating and picnics
days squishing my toes in the sand
and light dinners on the porch
the sky is a blanche grey today and the promise of more rain lingers close by.
~~~~~~~~~
its an alone day - leaving me with just my thoughts and a uneasy restlessness stirring in my soul to get outside
to have summer wrap me up in a pretty thin dress and leave me dancing
with giddiness under a pale pacific blue sky
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
but instead im washing rugs and shower curtains, sipping ice tea and smelling bleach
and dreaming of being at the lake
sipping on cool white wine
and nibbling on cheese and fruit
kicking my shoes off and laying on
my favorite quilt
snapping polaroids and
a joy that washes thru to my soul.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY I KNOW....

that better days are ahead
this heat wave won't last forever
the cicadas are serenading me and i wait for them every summer to come
i love the sounds of summer
and the colors lure me in 
a wasp  buzzed by me that somehow managed to creep inside the house and i had to wake up hubby to kill it...
my thoughts are traveling to a friend  who buried his sister today and it brings
back sorrowful memories of when we buried my brother just a mere month ago
tonight for dinner will be carry out
and escaping into a novel while i wait for
cooler days to arrive...
maybe a movie on Netflix 

who knows.....what the day will bring...while i patiently
wait....

Whats inspiring me now:
currently reading : The Well and the Mine (Gin Phillips)
the colors of wildflowers blooming outside my front door
Inner Excavation magazine by Liz Lamoreux

Words of Now:
sultry. cigarette smoke. bare feet. cat howling. air conditioner humming. trees swaying. breezy. blue tinted skies. hard chair. dead flowers. green tall grass dancing. airplane overhead. skin clammy. hair sticking to the back of my neck. windchimes still. creativity blooming. deep breaths...poetry. reading. ice tea. lavender smells inside the house. a creeping by kinda of day with the west sun blaring in thru the west windows..unwanted...

and early this evening its chasing the light

XOXO






Comments

  1. I like your vision of being at the lake, paddle boating and picnicking, sitting on a quilt with wine, cheese and fruit...it all sounds so surreal. Can I get there from here? When I read you, I think I can, and I smile. Thank you for the dedication, it's nice to know when friends think of you. Here's to cooler days to come! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts